This past week Blake and I drove out to meet our social worker for our last visit. She only has to come to our house for one visit, so we met her for the other visits to cut down on the costs of mileage. We turned in a huge folder of documents we have been gathering for her. She is now writing up the report! She said it will take her a couple of weeks to write it. We will send in a copy of her report with our USCIS I-800 (application for determination of suitability of a child from a convention country). It is required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to determine our qualifications as adopters. We are inching closer!


2 comments:
Wow, it all sounds so complicated!!
Such a great step to have completed! I am so happy for you and your family!! It is going to be such an awesome journey to your daughther. I can't wait to follow along. You have been such a great support thru both of our adoptions of our China dolls, I can't wait to meet yours.
BTW...We leave in 12 days to get our Olivia Xia!
Love ya,
Sheri (Leilah Di and Olivia Xia's Mommy...and Mom to many more!)
http://journeytooliviagrace.blogspot.com
Post a Comment