Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.



October 27, 2009

Mailed


We were finally able to mail our application for determination of suitability of a child from a convention country (I800A). It is required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to determine our qualifications as adopters. We mailed the application along with copies of our birth certificates, marriage certificate, and home study report. We will now wait for them to send us an invitation to be fingerprinted. This part of the process (waiting for approval and getting fingerprinted) will take about 4-8 weeks. While we are waiting on this part of the process, we will begin sending off all of our original documents we have been gathering to be certified. I will explain more about this in another post.

3 comments:

The Baker Family said...

I get excited each time you mail something off. And to see cute little Barrett holding the envelope--- priceless!

The Killough's said...

I agree with Tara! Every step excites me!!

stephanie said...

How exciting.