Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.



November 04, 2009

Department of Homeland Security


We received mail from The United States of America... Department of Homeland Security. They sent us a Notice of Action. They have received our I-800A (Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country). A verification of our personal information, a receipt number, and our NEXT STEPS were included. Our next steps for this part of the process include:
USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) will schedule a biometrics appointment for you to have your biometrics electronically captured at a USCIS Application Support Center. You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice by mail with the specific date, time, and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken.

6 comments:

Johnson's said...

all I can think of reading that is ....BIG WORDS! Guess I am thinking about our conversation today :) So glad things are continuing to move as scheduled!

The Killough's said...

Those are big words...but it is a BIG step!! Yay!

The Bell Family said...

I am so glad the boys are having such a part in this whole process..I love the pics of Blake and Barrett helping you mail things!

Josh and Shan said...

My first thought was: English please =)

My second thought was: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie said...

WOW & YAY!!!!!!!

Packard Party of 5 said...

This is all so amazing and technical!! I'm so proud of you and your family for pressing on!!