I saw this sonogram picture on another blog and thought it was cute.
Now that the idea of Brynn joining our family sooner than we had expected is soaking in, we are slowly starting to get things ready (by ready I mean talking about what we need to get ready). Not only do we have to get things physically ready, but we have to get ourselves mentally and emotionally ready and trained for what is ahead. We have spent a lot of time in prayer for our family and Brynn.
I was talking to my mom the other day about some of the things I need to accomplish before we bring Brynn home. I laughed and said, "It is so hard to be pregnant and not know when you are due". It is so true! It all depends on the availability of children with our designated special need. I did find out that right now our agency is matching people with a medical checklist date of September '09. We are December '09, so I know we are still a couple of months away from a referral. I still don't know what season we will be traveling to China and bringing her home (I can guess late winter). I don't know how old she will be. You usually cannot get a baby any younger than 6 months (at referral) and we put a max age of 18 months (at referral) on our paperwork. I don't really know if I have 6 months, 9 months, or even 10 months to get things ready for her to come home. When we get our referral (and we do all the paperwork that goes along with this step) we will then have to wait for travel approval from China. This could take 3-5 months. Even at this point we still won't know exactly when we will be traveling. We can guess and estimate, but we won't know until we get that invitation to travel from China. When we get our invitation or travel approval, we will have about 7-10 days to make arrangements and pack before our scheduled Day 1 in China!
A LOT of unknowns... one thing we do know is that God is at the center of this process. He will bring the right baby to our family at the right time... and that is what excites us the most!



2 comments:
I have the goosebumps!
Love the sonogram...Miss Brynn needs that framed in her room!!!! The unknowns are tough...I am not even the mom but I would love to know more!!!
Post a Comment