Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.



August 03, 2010

Brynn's Foster Care Facility

Due to Brynn's heart condition, the orphanage sent her to stay in a foster care facility in Beijing.  It is my understanding that she moved to the facility just a short time after she was admitted into the orphanage.  A lot of the babies who have special medical needs are sent to foster care facilities so they can receive better care.  Her foster care was opened and is run by a Christian, American husband and wife.  They have sold everything and moved from America for the purpose of taking care of orphans in China.  There are about 7 other babies (Brynn's age and younger) who are living in their care.  They hire Chinese nannies that stay with and take care of the babies around the clock.  The husband and wife are very passionate about making sure the babies medical needs and daily needs are met.  Have I mentioned they are Christians??  Our Brynn has had someone praying for her since she was 4 months old... wow!!!  I would never have imagined that she would have had the opportunity to live in such a wonderful place.  I cannot release much more than this concerning her foster care facility.  We are not allowed to contact them until after her adoption is finalized.  I can say that our family's purpose and life goal is going to be to give back to this foster care facility and the couple who have invested their lives into saving our daughter's life.  Words cannot even express how much I respect them and how in awe of them I am.  They have put feet on their faith and have followed God's call to China... to take care of special needs orphans... our daughter.  After our adoption is finalized, I will be putting information on the blog about how you too can support this facility and Brynn's little foster brothers and sisters who are still there waiting for a family.  Until then, please pray for them.  That is all we can do right now is pray.
Click here for a very touching story of a little boy who lives in a foster care facility (similar to Brynn's, but much larger) and has just found out that he has a family. 
These are real kids, with real needs, who really need families.  Please continue to pray for Brynn, her health, her foster care facility, and all those who are still waiting...

1 comment:

The Baker Family said...

It really is amazing how God is taking care of Brynn using this foster care family's loving hands until she is home in your loving arms!