We are just a little over a week into our wait for Article 5. I know we won't be hearing anything this week due to the offices in China being closed the entire week for their holiday (National Day). China was processing paperwork speedy quick this past week. People were getting record breaking turnaround on their approvals... hoping it keeps up when they get back from the holiday!! The theme this week is going to be "Lists". I have several lists made of things to do, buy, and pack for our trip. I have been adding to them as we learn different things. I think now is a good time to start crossing things off!!
This past week we sent Brynn another care package. One of the things Blake wanted to send her was a picture from him. His nightly devotional last week was about caring. It suggested one way to show someone you care is by sending them a card. He immediately said he wanted to send Brynn a card so she would know he cared. So, he drew her a picture to include in the care package to let her know he cares about her.
Here is a peak at Brynn's room. We are keeping Blake's old bed up because we don't have room to store it. The crib will be on the opposite wall. The more we thought about it, the more we liked the idea of having the twin bed up. We expect to have a few (or more) rough nights when Brynn gets home. We know she will have a lot to grieve as she gets used to her new life and misses everything she has ever known. The twin bed will be the perfect resting place for Robert or I as we are up with her, comforting her through her grief. She can sleep in it with us, or just find comfort in knowing we are sleeping within her view. We also have a rocker in the room in case she responds better to that. I will post a 360 of the room sometime soon. As a side note, we are hoping to get an oil painting of her name, Ai Xin, in Chinese characters while we are in China to frame and hang over her bed.
Getting the room ready for Brynn has been great for Barrett. He calls it Brynn's room, so I think he might be starting to understand that she is going to be living at his house. He probably still doesn't fully understand what is about to happen, but at least he is seeing concrete evidence that something is happening.
We are all so excited to be in this stage of the journey... we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!




4 comments:
Blake is such a wonderful big brother and has such a sweet heart! Brynn and Barrett are both so lucky to have him. I can't wait to see all of Brynn's room. I know you have put so much thought, love and prayer into it. She will have those rough nights, but hopefully the peace in that room will be stronger.
I feel exactly like Kelli...I am praying that this transition goes so smoothly for her and for you, Robert, Blake and Barrett. Although things may feel uncertain at times, it will be such a time of bonding and closeness as you all find a way of helping one another. Brynn is going to have the best big brothers ever!
My guess is that the transition may be harder for the parents than the sweet babies. Just know that after a few short days of her being around her new brothers and mommy and daddy, I know she will be running the show! What out McIntire's!! Brynn Olivia is coming to town!!!
Hello! I stumbled across your blog and loved reading it. My husband and I are leaving Oct. 20th to go and get ourl little girl. She is currently in an orphanage in Shanghai. We are super excited!
Best wishes to you!!
Sara Houghtaling
sarafriend617@yahoo.com
Post a Comment