Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.
November 28, 2010
Gotcha Day Eve
We started the day off by meeting in the lobby of our hotel ready to go to the airport. Blake and his little friends said goodbye with pictures they had colored for each other. Elisabeth went to a different province and Ava's family came to Henan also. We loaded a bus full of all of our luggage and a bus full of our travel group members. The smog was so bad today. It was very low and thick. It made it very hard to breath and you could not see the pretty blue sky. When we got to the airport the Henan families all boarded a plane together and the other provinces went to their planes. We actually have the biggest group in Henan they have ever had! The flight was just over an hour. They served us some interesting cookie things and drinks on the short flight. We are staying in Zhengzhou, which is the capital city of Henan. Henan is the province where Brynn was born. Each family has to go to their child's province in order to sign the appropriate adoption papers. After we collected our luggage we were met by our next guide for this leg of the journey. We all got on the bus and it was straight to business. I quickly realized the touring/sightseeing part of our journey was over and it was all about the adoption business! Yisha (our guide) had a lot of information to tell us on what to expect in the next days. We were given new information on our children. It included what they eat, when they eat, sleeping patterns, what they like to play with etc... It was so fun to get another little glimpse into our daughter's life and personality. It was the moments on the bus when Yisha was telling us what she was expecting to happen in the next days that this became very real to me. It has all seemed so far away, that it hasn't felt real yet. In these moments on the bus, it became very real. Shortly after we got to our room the crib was delivered to us. Yes, the is very real!! We are going to have a daughter tomorrow! The men and Yisha walked across the street to the bank to exchange the large amount of money we are going to be using over the next two days into RMB. While they were gone I got the room and our luggage organized. We are going to be at this hotel a little longer than we were at the others, so I wanted us to feel at home. When Robert got back from the bank the women went to W*l-Mart. Wow. What an experience! We walked several blocks to get there. Scooters and bikes were whizzing by us on the sidewalk. They don't slow down. They honk and expect you to move out of their way. It feels more like we are in China here in Henan. The city is not as big as Beijing. I can't even describe the feeling that Beijing has. On our way to the hotel we passed grass and land, something you don't see in Beijing. Anyway, back to the W*l-Mart trip... when you walk in you are met with strange, stinky smells. Everything is so different. We navigated our way through getting some snack items, diapers, and formula for the babies. It was an experience trying to figure things out since they are in Chinese. Some things we recognized just by the packaging (Ritz, Lays, etc...). We were getting major stares as we navigated our way through this Chinese W*l-Mart. On Brynn's new paperwork it says she likes peach and apple juice, so I got her some to keep in the room. I saw a baby wearing split pants. He was about 9 months old and his dad was carrying him. He had on split pants and his little private was just hanging right out. Very interesting experience. I had to pay for my two plastic W*l-Mart bags to carry my purchases back to the hotel in. We walked the several blocks back to the hotel with our groceries in tow. I was sweating by the time we arrived back. Which reminds me, the weather is warmer here!! Yay! It was miserably cold in Beijing. It is actually tolerable here, which makes me happy! Tonight we got Brynn's diaper bag all packed and our paperwork and gifts ready to give to the orphanage director tomorrow. We are meeting in the lobby of our hotel at 9:30 a.m. on the 29th (7:30 p.m. on the 28th Texas time). We will all ride to the registration office together to receive our babies! They will bring them in by orphanage. We won't know exactly what time Brynn's orphanage will arrive. We will all sit together waiting and watching as each orphanage arrives and each family receives their babies. So many emotions tonight!!! I cannot even describe what we are feeling as we go to sleep for the last time as a family of four. Tomorrow we will be the parents to three children... we will have five members in our family. Tomorrow our lives will be changed by the miracle of adoption. Please pray for us as it will be a very long, emotionally draining day. Pray for our sweet Brynn as her world will be turned upside down for a time until she learns what her new normal is. Pictures from our day today will be coming soon. I will post pics of our Gotcha Day as soon as I can!!! I didn't edit this post because I am too tired to read back over it, so just ignore errors. See you tomorrow with pics of our daughter!!
So excited for you! Yisha was our guide, too! She is wonderful! Yes, I know that "it's finally real" feeling. Can't wait to see the pics! Donna Kendall
I can't wait to see the pics of the 4 of you. What an amazing journey you all have been on & are still on. All the while following the direction God has pointed you on. Take care, sleep tight. We can't wait for the pics!!!!!!
Wow Sue! I was crying while reading this! I can't believe the time has finally come for your Gotcha Day! I am glad your flight arrived safely! We love y'all and will be praying for you as always! We can't wait to see the pictures of y'all with Brynn!!
I'm tearing up when I read your blog for I certainly understand the emotional aspect! I actually felt like I was pregnant at this point(harmonally speaking). So thankful that we are able to share this journey with your family~! Praying for you all and Brynn as you meet and as the bonding begins. The Lord is faithful!
Oh my goodness, I read this as I waited for Sunday School to start, tears streaming down my face...must have looked like a fool!!! The crib is such a symbol of this whole trip. I am praying that you get rest right now, knowing that the next days will be so emotionally exhausting. I am also praying that as Brynn sleeps her last slepp without you, that God will put the finishing touches on her precious heart that will enable her to bond with you all beyond all expectation. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Love and hugs to you all...all 4 of you.
This is soooo exciting! I know everybody has been praying so hard for you are your family - just for this moment! We cannot wait to see Brynn! Congrats!
Been waiting for this day! So thankful it is here and praying for all of you. We r at epcot in china today and can't get our minds off of you! Can't wait to see you with your baby girl.
Susan, I have been obsessed with following your blog this week! I can't imagine the emotions as you wait for tomorrow morning. But we are so excited for all that God holds in store for your growing family. I can't wait for the pictures!
I know your little girl well. My daughter and I volunteered last Chinese New Years. I have photos of her to send to you once you get home. She is going to make you avery blessed family indeed!!! Love that girl!!!!
You can see some of her photos on my personal blog look under the labels on right side bar as China Mission Trip.''
Praying for you as you meet Brynn in a very short time. Praying for a smooth transition for all of you and that Brynn knows how much she is loved by her forever family who has been anxiously waiting for her! Can't wait to read all the details of Gotcha Day soon:)
Your journey sounds so familiar to us. We our reliving our experience and what a beautiful experience it is. Enjoy your time and relax. I know ....easier said than done. : ) We ae happy for you all. God is good! Jennifer and Tim Hicks
This is so exciting! I just had chills the whole time I was reading it. What an experience you guys are having. It is just unimaginable for me. Brynn will soon know how special she is to be a part of such an amazing family.
16 comments:
So excited for you! Yisha was our guide, too! She is wonderful! Yes, I know that "it's finally real" feeling. Can't wait to see the pics! Donna Kendall
I can't wait to see the pics of the 4 of you. What an amazing journey you all have been on & are still on. All the while following the direction God has pointed you on. Take care, sleep tight. We can't wait for the pics!!!!!!
Wow Sue! I was crying while reading this! I can't believe the time has finally come for your Gotcha Day! I am glad your flight arrived safely! We love y'all and will be praying for you as always! We can't wait to see the pictures of y'all with Brynn!!
I'm tearing up when I read your blog for I certainly understand the emotional aspect! I actually felt like I was pregnant at this point(harmonally speaking). So thankful that we are able to share this journey with your family~! Praying for you all and Brynn as you meet and as the bonding begins. The Lord is faithful!
Oh my goodness, I read this as I waited for Sunday School to start, tears streaming down my face...must have looked like a fool!!! The crib is such a symbol of this whole trip. I am praying that you get rest right now, knowing that the next days will be so emotionally exhausting. I am also praying that as Brynn sleeps her last slepp without you, that God will put the finishing touches on her precious heart that will enable her to bond with you all beyond all expectation. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Love and hugs to you all...all 4 of you.
We are so happy for you guys. As i read today tears started to flow down my cheeks. All the luck tomorrow. Praying for you guys.
This is soooo exciting! I know everybody has been praying so hard for you are your family - just for this moment! We cannot wait to see Brynn! Congrats!
Been waiting for this day! So thankful it is here and praying for all of you. We r at epcot in china today and can't get our minds off of you! Can't wait to see you with your baby girl.
Susan, I have been obsessed with following your blog this week! I can't imagine the emotions as you wait for tomorrow morning. But we are so excited for all that God holds in store for your growing family. I can't wait for the pictures!
Can't wait to see you holding your beautiful little girl!!
Blessings on your journey!!
I know your little girl well. My daughter and I volunteered last Chinese New Years. I have photos of her to send to you once you get home. She is going to make you avery blessed family indeed!!! Love that girl!!!!
You can see some of her photos on my personal blog look under the labels on right side bar as China Mission Trip.''
So excited!!!!
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY BRYNN!!!! I can't believe the day is HERE!!!
Praying for you as you meet Brynn in a very short time. Praying for a smooth transition for all of you and that Brynn knows how much she is loved by her forever family who has been anxiously waiting for her!
Can't wait to read all the details of Gotcha Day soon:)
Hello Susan and Robert,
Your journey sounds so familiar to us. We our reliving our experience and what a beautiful experience it is. Enjoy your time and relax. I know ....easier said than done. : ) We ae happy for you all. God is good!
Jennifer and Tim Hicks
This is so exciting! I just had chills the whole time I was reading it. What an experience you guys are having. It is just unimaginable for me. Brynn will soon know how special she is to be a part of such an amazing family.
Praying and following you all!
Post a Comment