Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.



November 24, 2010

We Made It!

Our day started in Chicago at the hotel we stayed in for our layover.  We ate breakfast and then went down to the fitness center to try to use some energy before the big flight.  After we did some stationary biking (Blake) and the treadmill (Robert and I) we let Blake swim in the indoor pool.  We had a late check out at 2 p.m.  Our hotel shuttle took us to the airport to wait for our flight.  We were there quite a while.  It is a huge airport so we walked around exploring for a bit.  We also read and watched a movie.  Our plane was right on time.  We took off around 8 p.m.  It was a Boeing 777.  It was a smooth ride.  Blake had no problem sleeping, he slept most of the way.  I woke him up around 4 a.m. our time so that he would sleep when we got to China since we got here at night.  We missed the whole day of November 24th!  Robert watched several movies and I tried to sleep some.  It was pretty uncomfortable though. It is now 1 a.m. (November 25th) and we are at the hotel.  We are going to try to sleep some so that we can get our bodies on China time.  I don't know how well that will work out considering Blake is telling me right now that he is not tired at all!  I attached a picture of the one cozy bed the three of us are going to share :)  Tomorrow we will meet up with our travel group and move over to the hotel that we will all be staying at together.  Thanks for you prayers and well wishes.  We can't see our blog, but the comments come through our email.  It is nice to still feel close to home even though we are on the other side of the world.




11 comments:

whitney said...

Stephanie is keeping me posted and I love hearing how the Lord is already taking care of little Brynn. Still praying=)

Bradley and Mantha said...

We followed the tracking of your plane and breathed a huge sigh of relief when we saw that it landed, and recieved your text! We miss y'all and love y'all!

stephanie said...

We are so thankful you made it safe & sound. I hope you get some rest. Email the flight # for Sunday's flight if you can so we can track it. It makes such a huge difference to "see" it.

The Gillaspie Family said...

Ok...so I'm thinking that if you are already "in" Nov. 25th, while I'm still on the 24th, then the girls were REALLY born on the same day, right? Glad you made it!!!! We're still praying!

Johnson's said...

So glad that all went well on the BIG flight! You are going to be a pro by the time you get home (and just maybe, you'll love flying!!) I just love seeing these updates, so thankful for the technology this Thanksgiving as we get to hear about Brynn's amazing journey as it happens!

Josh and Shan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh and Shan said...

See, I told you that you didn't have anything to worry about! I tracked your flight like a crazy person, it was fun to watch it "land"!!

Stephanie said...

So glad you are there safe and sound! This is just too exciting!!! Praying for rest, safety, Barrett and so much more.

Mc's said...

amazing to think now that you are on the other side of the world.....do tell about what you guys think of China...sights, sounds, smells, everything in detail....can't wait to hear.....we are prayinig and yes it's only 4:24 p.m. the 24th here....poor BRAKE....hope he can adjust to China Time soon.....Love you guys!

The Bell Family said...

We are all loving your updates and thinking of what yall are doing along the way...still praying and so excited that part of your flights are over :) Can't wait to hear about meeting Brynn!! Love you!

The McBrides said...

Glad you guys are there! Love you!