Today I was filling out yet another application. This one was the official application for our home study agency. Between the application and the questionnaire that our home study agency requires, Robert and I have logged about 10 hours combined of answering the questions in these two documents (and we are still not done). We had to include weights and heights of everyone in our family (including parents and siblings of Robert and I). I told Blake I needed to measure him for some paperwork I was working on for our adoption. He stood so straight and still for me. When I was done I announced how tall he was. He said in an excited, anxious voice, "Am I tall enough to get to adopt?" I explained that it doesn't matter HOW tall you are, it was just information they needed. It has been easy to answer all the questions on the applications and questionnaires regarding our children's feelings about the adoption. I put one word for Blake's feelings...EXCITED!!
Dear Robert & Susan,
Thank you for submitting your signed fee agreement, first fee payment and service agreements. This message is to notify you that it is time to download your Dossier Guide and China Home Study Report Packet*.
Thank you for submitting your signed fee agreement, first fee payment and service agreements. This message is to notify you that it is time to download your Dossier Guide and China Home Study Report Packet*.
Well, this is the email we have been waiting on. The Dossier Guide... the 50 page document that will walk us through the next 5 months of paperwork. It will tell us exactly what we need and how it needs to be done. With each email and attachment this is becoming more real!


5 comments:
I just wonder how my weight is really going to affect an adoption......oh well, this is the only time that will be written down ;-)
Our eye color too...weird! Glad we could help ya though :)
Blake is so thrilled! I love how it was the first thing he wanted to share with Chaney over breakfast yesterday!
Wow! such strange information they want!
I too am SO glad my weight, height & eye color could help!!!
Post a Comment