to dumb questions asked when a family is adopting...
Some answers for those stupid ??'s
The one thing I am not looking forward to are thoughtless questions asked about our child. I found these on a fellow blogger's site and thought it appropriate to share with you.
BTW, these are real questions that are commonly asked. Unreal...
Q- How much did she cost?
Smart Answer (SA)- All my heart.
Educational Answer (EA)- Buying children is both illegal and unethical. If you're interested in knowing more about gov't fees and donations for someone you know that's adopting, I'd be happy pass on my agency's website to you.
Q-What is she?
SA- She looks human to me.
EA- Do you mean what is her ethnicity? She is Chinese.
Q-Won't you have to teach her to speak English?
SA- What baby do you know that didn't have to learn to speak English?
EA- Babies learn to speak the language that is spoken around them.
Q-Why China when there are children in the USA that need homes?
SA- Is that where you're adopting from? Oh, you're not adopting? I just thought you might be since you're so interested in making sure the children in the good ole USA are taken care of.
EA- China was the right choice for us at this time for many reasons.
Q-Are you going to tell her she's adopted?
SA- Seriously? Have you even looked at us?
EA- It will be pretty obvious. Besides, I want to share her adoption story with her.
Q- Are you her real Mom/Dad?
ONLY ONE ANSWER- YES!!!
The one thing I am not looking forward to are thoughtless questions asked about our child. I found these on a fellow blogger's site and thought it appropriate to share with you.
BTW, these are real questions that are commonly asked. Unreal...
Q- How much did she cost?
Smart Answer (SA)- All my heart.
Educational Answer (EA)- Buying children is both illegal and unethical. If you're interested in knowing more about gov't fees and donations for someone you know that's adopting, I'd be happy pass on my agency's website to you.
Q-What is she?
SA- She looks human to me.
EA- Do you mean what is her ethnicity? She is Chinese.
Q-Won't you have to teach her to speak English?
SA- What baby do you know that didn't have to learn to speak English?
EA- Babies learn to speak the language that is spoken around them.
Q-Why China when there are children in the USA that need homes?
SA- Is that where you're adopting from? Oh, you're not adopting? I just thought you might be since you're so interested in making sure the children in the good ole USA are taken care of.
EA- China was the right choice for us at this time for many reasons.
Q-Are you going to tell her she's adopted?
SA- Seriously? Have you even looked at us?
EA- It will be pretty obvious. Besides, I want to share her adoption story with her.
Q- Are you her real Mom/Dad?
ONLY ONE ANSWER- YES!!!


5 comments:
God will also be using you to educate the folks that ask these thoughtless questions!
These are so good! Love the "with all my heart" one! This is such a great reminder for me to pray for those you will encounter along this journey who will judge you or act insensitive. God's word says, "Go unto the WORLD..." So thankful you and Robert continue to seek God's will for your family!
These are so true. Amazingly when people see just Akira and I they never ask questions. It is only when they see all three of us they ask or wonder. I love these! - Frankie
Love it! I had posted these same questions on my blog for Leilah and then Olivia...it is amazing to me how often people ask these same...thoughtless questions...reading these answers puts a smile on my face though.
Hugs,
Sheri
Love the answers!!!=)
Post a Comment