Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.



April 03, 2010

Celebrating

We invited our family to join us at our local Chinese restaurant for a celebratory dinner! We were celebrating our LID! The owner's son made his way to our table. I guess Caleb, Cade, Blake, and Barrett looked like fun new friends to him. He is Blake's age and his name is Owen. He ended up spending the whole evening at our table!

Tonight was also the night we were announcing the name we have chosen for our daughter. I told my family that we weren't going to tell them until our paperwork was officially done and logged in. We ordered personalized fortune cookies as a fun way to tell them. I was able to sneak back and tell the waitress to use our cookies and not the restaurant's cookies when she brought the ticket out.

They didn't know what was inside, but once the first person figured it out they were all grabbing for their cookies.

And the name we chose...

Brynn Olivia
We will keep part of her given Chinese name when we get her referral information. So her name will actually be
Brynn Olivia ________ McIntire
Mom and Dad's reaction to the name
A lot of thought went into choosing her name. We had several names that we liked and several things we considered before we made our final choice. I think our biggest decision was to use "B" or not to use "B". After much thought and for a few good reasons we went with another "B" name.
We chose Brynn because we think it is pretty and it is not a very common name.
We chose Olivia because it is the middle name of my sister, Sarah Olivia, who Jesus has already taken home.
If you look closely you can see Owen in our family picture :) He made himself right at home!
We had a wonderful evening celebrating and announcing the name!

Our family: Robert, Susan, Blake, Barrett, and someday Brynn.

11 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

I was really hoping that Owen was my party favor!!

I love the name!! We can't wait to meet her!!

Johnson's said...

What a beautiful name!!!! I'm so excited for you all and can not wait to meet Miss Brynn!

Mc's said...

Love It...Love It......what a great way to share the wonderful news...love the fortune cookie idea....Love the picture of you guys in front of the Chinese Wall Divider...Love you Guys.....

The McBrides said...

Love the name! Very pretty!

Amanda said...

I love the name Brynn! I can't wait to meet her! Stephanie told me about Owen - he looks so cute!

stephanie said...

I love her name and am so glad you shared the wonderful evening with all of us.

fivemjs said...

Love the name!! Brynn is going to be beautiful just like the rest of her family!!!

Moore Memories said...

From the moment I saw the name, I knew it was the perfect fit! I cannot wait to see you holding sweet Brynn in your arms right where she belongs!

That Owen is a cutie!

Scamperino Family said...

Love Brynn already! So sweet :)

gay said...

very pretty name.

Sheri_n_Ben said...

Love her name! Congrats on you LID!!! Now the clock begins!

Hugs,
Sheri
journeytoouryoungestson.blogspot.com