Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.
November 30, 2010
Adoption Day
Last night Brynn did great! She only woke up once, sat up and cried out. I got her out and held her for just a minute and put her back in her bed. She went right back to sleep and I had to wake her up this morning! We had to meet in the lobby early to go back to the registration office to finalize her adoption. We were in the same room that we received Brynn in yesterday. It is amazing how far she has come in just one day! The Registration Officer called us up one family at a time to hand us our adoption certificates. We had to promise not to abuse, mistreat, or abandon her. When she was done she said, "Congratulations, you are the legal parents of your child!". We all clapped and cheered! After this we all got back in the bus and rode to the Notary Office. We had to walk up six flights of stairs (there was no elevator), with our babies and diaper bags stuffed with snack and toys, in the cigarette smoke and stinky food filled building. All 16 families were crammed in one room with a large table. One parent sat at the table to fill out the paperwork, while the other parent sat to the side and entertained the babies. When they were done we switched and I went up to sign my portion. We got our picture taken with the Notary Official for their file and then got back on the bus. Three hours later we got back to the hotel. Blake and Brynn both did great for this long ordeal. We had the afternoon free. We ate lunch and then came to the room for naps. Brynn took a nice nap,which I had to wake her up from. She was a little sleepy and sad when she woke up. She snuggled with me forever. We decided to take her to the playroom in our hotel to help pep her back up. Once we got in there she started to brighten back up again. The four of us played until dinner time. We ate dinner and then came back for baths and bedtime. Blake has been falling asleep by 7 p.m. each night. Brynn stayed up to skype with her big brother Barrett for the first time (pictures of that in tomorrow's post. I had already uploaded the pics by that point). The connection is so slow today so the camera was freezing and hard for them to see. Brynn is still doing amazing. She had just a few moments of sadness today. Other than that she has been all smiles. Her smile lights up the room! We have had so many comments on what a sweet girl she is and how precious her smile is. She is a great eater too. She has not turned away anything we put in front of her. She is a great sleeper as well. We lay her down and she doesn't move a muscle. She goes right to sleep and so far has had to be waken up when it is time. She continues to bond well with us. She is reaching up to be held, holding our hands, feeding us, and will give us kisses after she see us model it with each other. Today Blake said that God sure chose the right baby for our family. We continue to marvel at how perfect she is for our family. She is such a treasure and we love her dearly. Thank you for all your encouraging comments. We have now been in China for a week and we are starting to get homesick. It is nice to feel close even though we aren't.
Blake is such a sweet boy, the perfect big bro. I'm so thrilled that she is bonding so well. Still amazed at God's hand, and how swiftly he has answered so many prayers!! I’m not surprised at all that she is sleeping well… she is your child after all. ;)
God's plan is amazing!!! We are so thankful Brynn is coming home soon and doing so well :) The love in these pictures is breathtaking. The McIntire family is the perfect place for Miss Brynn. Love and hugs to you all.
love all your pictures...especially love all your clothes that you've picked out just for Brynn...I do know that she won't have to want for anything between you and all your sisters and her new grandma shopping for her...I do know that the Lord has prepared her sweet little heart just like we have asked of Him just by seeing all your pictures of her with you guys...This whole adoption process and seeing all this come to life truly makes us want a little girl just like Brynn someday when Jaden's all better...We've been praying already for what the Lord would have for us...we are just gonna wait on Him just like you and Robert waited...we too are gonna heed to His call if that's His will for us...Love you guys and we so know that you're home sick but it's almost over and everything is almost complete...Give Brynn sweet kisses from us...Kiss Blake too, we know that he's being such a Great Big Brother!
Oh you are making me cry each day. Love her clothes and hairbows. I'm glad she is letting you put them in. She is just a doll baby. She will be the most popular girl in church! What an amazing experience for Blake. They will have a special bond forever after this week.
9 comments:
I'm so glad she's doing so well! She was chosen just for ya'll and will fit right in!
I am so glad that she is doing so well! I can't wait for more pictures! I can't stop looking at the ones from yesterday!!
Blake is such a sweet boy, the perfect big bro.
I'm so thrilled that she is bonding so well. Still amazed at God's hand, and how swiftly he has answered so many prayers!!
I’m not surprised at all that she is sleeping well… she is your child after all. ;)
Brynn is perfect for your family Blake! Chris And I load your blog a million times a day to look at all the pictures over and over again!
God's plan is amazing!!! We are so thankful Brynn is coming home soon and doing so well :) The love in these pictures is breathtaking. The McIntire family is the perfect place for Miss Brynn. Love and hugs to you all.
Absolutely beautiful!!! So excited for you all.
Hugs,
Sheri and Ben
http://journeytoouryoungestson.blogspot.com
http://www.giftstochinawithlove.com
love all your pictures...especially love all your clothes that you've picked out just for Brynn...I do know that she won't have to want for anything between you and all your sisters and her new grandma shopping for her...I do know that the Lord has prepared her sweet little heart just like we have asked of Him just by seeing all your pictures of her with you guys...This whole adoption process and seeing all this come to life truly makes us want a little girl just like Brynn someday when Jaden's all better...We've been praying already for what the Lord would have for us...we are just gonna wait on Him just like you and Robert waited...we too are gonna heed to His call if that's His will for us...Love you guys and we so know that you're home sick but it's almost over and everything is almost complete...Give Brynn sweet kisses from us...Kiss Blake too, we know that he's being such a Great Big Brother!
Brynn is just a doll! I just love all of the pics! I would be homesick too...you will be home soon:) love u all!
Oh you are making me cry each day. Love her clothes and hairbows. I'm glad she is letting you put them in. She is just a doll baby. She will be the most popular girl in church! What an amazing experience for Blake. They will have a special bond forever after this week.
Post a Comment