Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.



December 04, 2010

Medical Exam

Today we had Brynn's medical exam.  This is required in order for her to get her visa/passport/citizenship.  It was exciting to be reunited with our group members who had gone to different provinces to get their babies.  We got to all meet back together again at the medical exam.  It was fun to meet all their babies.  Blake's little friend Elisabeth and her new sister were there.  The medical exam was interesting to say the least.  The medical examination office was packed with American families here to adopt.  Families from all different agencies, not just ours are here.  There was no organization or order.  The exam was a joke.  For her ENT testing, a lady (doctor or nurse) held up a dinky flashlight that you might get at the dollar store and looked in her ears.  She squeaked a rubber ducky on each side of her head to see if she would respond for the hearing test.  They also checked her weight and temp.  Another doctor listened to her heart and did a physical exam.  By this point Brynn was over this!  She was crying and wanting to leave!  It was the hardest we have seen her cry yet.  It broke our hearts!  When we finally got done with all the stations we were allowed to come back to the hotel.  We ate lunch and took naps.  After naps we went to the playroom at our hotel.  Brynn loves to slide!!  She did this over and over and over.  Blake had fun playing with the balls.  After the playroom we went to explore the hotel.  We found a neat little courtyard on the roof of the hotel.  We had fun running and playing out there for a while.  For dinner our travel group met at a Thai Restaurant for dinner.  We were a little nervous at first when we saw all the interesting things on the menu, but ended up finding something we liked.  Blake got a freshly squeezed apple juice that he liked.  The weather is beautiful here and the area around our hotel has a French Quarter or River Walk feel to it.  I will post pics of that later.  Today I posted pictures of the view from our room.  We can see the city and below is a 7-Eleven.  Brynn is still doing great.  We have found that she loves to slide and she loves to color!  I know I left out so much from our day, but I am behind on posting and I need to get Brynn up from her nap.  Thanks for your comments!  We love reading them and feeling close to home!   We miss everyone, especially our little Barrett.  We miss him so much it hurts.  We are counting down the days until we get to all be together!

3 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

Only 5 more days till you get here!!!!!!

stephanie said...

5 days to go!!!!!!! Caleb said he wished it would go as fast as an hour & a half. We all miss you soooo much. Caleb laid his head on my shoulder & asked if I knew what you were doing. I said no & he said when can we see/talk to them again. He said I miss them sooo much. Give everyone a hug from us.

Marilyn said...

We miss you so much, can't wait for all of you to be back in the USA!
Love you