This afternoon I have spent the last hour and a half working on adoption paperwork. At this point we are officially overwhelmed and ready to be done with paperwork! We have reached the 10 week mark of our journey. After doing a lot of organizing, reading, and figuring, I have found that we are right on track. We are still waiting for the copy of our home study report and the certificate of approval. Once we get those things we will be ready to mail off our USCIS I-800A. We are in the 10-20 Weeks (or longer depending on USCIS timelines) window of our flowchart. This window states that we will begin the notarization, certification, and authentication ("sealing") process for our dossier documents. We will also wait for our Approved Form I-800A to arrive from Immigration then, we will begin "sealing" this final document. There is an end in sight... it is just going to be a lot of work to get there!
I saw this adorable saying on an adoption t-shirt:
So far, no morning sickness...
But the paper cuts are terrible!
A side note... Robert, Blake, Barrett and I were eating the other day and for some reason (I can't remember) Blake was talking about how many people are in our family. He said, "we have five people in our family". I said, "Blake you know that is not how many people are in our family". He said, "Yes it is, our other one is in China".
I saw this adorable saying on an adoption t-shirt:
So far, no morning sickness...
But the paper cuts are terrible!
A side note... Robert, Blake, Barrett and I were eating the other day and for some reason (I can't remember) Blake was talking about how many people are in our family. He said, "we have five people in our family". I said, "Blake you know that is not how many people are in our family". He said, "Yes it is, our other one is in China".



6 comments:
Hopefully the time will pass quickly - I know waiting is difficult. We are excited for you:)
Sweet Blake:)!!!! Before you know it...you will be at the 20 wk mark!
I could tell last night that you were feeling overwhelmed, but like you said, the end is in sight!
I think that is one of the sweetest thing Blake has ever said!
Love the quote and how cute is that from Blake!!! :)
Oh my gosh...that shirt is hilarious!!!
Blake's comment is precious!! It is so great that you are blogging your memories of this process (as long and drawn out as it may seem)
five is a Perfect number for a family.......Blake is so sweet....
Post a Comment