This week has been a blur! We have been going non-stop getting things ready to leave. We had our conference call with our social worker on Wednesday night. In Texas you are required to update your homestudy every 6 months. We had to have a phone conference with her in order for her to complete our updated homestudy. We also had our travel conference call with the owner of our agency and our travel group members. We all called in on a party line and he talked to us for about an hour about what an amazing journey we are on and gave us some tips. It was so special to have the owner of our large agency take the time to personally talk to us. Tonight we finished our shopping by buying one of everything at W*l-Mart... Now we just have to figure out how to fit it in our suitcases! We received our final travel packet on Thursday. It has all of the information we will need in the following weeks, including our itinerary. I am going to post the condensed version of it so you will know what we will be doing. We are planning on blogging while we are there so that we can record it while it is fresh on our minds and so that family and friends can follow our journey.
Our Itinerary:
11/22 fly to Chicago
11/23 fly to Beijing
11/24 arrive in Beijing
11/25 meet agency guide, go to hotel, free time
11/26 Tour Beijing (Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Hutong Tour)
11/27 Tour Beijing (Great Wall and Ming Tombs)
11/28 Depart Beijing for Zhengzhou
11/29 Gotcha Day!!!
11/30 Sign adoption papers in the morning, rest or optional group shopping in afternoon.
12/1 Free time or rest. Optional tours available.
12/2 Free time or rest. Optional touring.
12/3 Receive Brynn's passport. Leave Zhengzhou for Guangzhou
12/4 Brynn's visa physical, required immunizations, and visa photo
12/5 Free time. Rest, tour, shop. Meet with agency rep to prepare paperwork for the Consulate appt.
12/6 Consulate Appointment/Oath Ceremony , no cameras allowed :(
12/7 Free day while our paperwork is being processed
12/8 Agency rep will go to the U.S. Consulate and receive Brynn's visa.
12/9 Leave Guangzhou for Beijing
12/10 Depart for U.S.A!!!
12/10 Arrive in U.S.A... Brynn will become a U.S. Citizen in Chicago when we land. We will be a family of 5 all on the same soil for the first time when we land in Dallas!!
Please be praying for our journey. Pray for our safety and health, Barrett while he is apart from us, and Brynn as she transitions to her new family.


7 comments:
Susan, this brings tears of joy to my eyes for you and your soon-to-be family of 5! I was looking through some stuff at my apartment today and came across a book I'd bought at a Steven Curtis Chapman concert years ago. I'd love to send it to you and your family...I just don't know how to get it to you!? Could you have your mom send me your address is a message on Facebook?! Have a great trip and know I'm praying for you and Brynn and your whole family!
Wow! What tears of joy we have for you all! I cannot imagine the flutters and feelings you have...I know I have them for you too:) We love you and cannot wait to hear about your journey and meet Miss Brynn!!! Safe travels! We love you all!
Praying for you and your travels! We are both so excited for you and can't wait to meet Brynn! Congratulations!
We will be thinking of you guys.Have a great and safe trip. Praying for you
I am speechless as the tears flow. I can not wait to see your updates but most of all see and know that Brynn is safely in your arms. We love you all and will be praying diligently while you're gone.
We are praying for safe and worry free travel. What an amazing journey and we are glad to be able to follow as you are in China and seeing sweet Brynn for the first time. We can't wait to meet her!
I had to put a clock on my desktop with China time so I can know where you are!!! Thinking about you day by day, hope you are enjoying your tours!
Post a Comment